This is my Beginners Guide to Machine Knitting blog. The posts on my blog are divided into 4 main sections. You can access the sections from the menus above or the tabs below. Sections are still work in progress.
Beginners Guide to Machine Knitting
This section of posts will help you to find the right type of machine and all the necessary equipment to make your new hobby easy as well as fun.
- Should I learn Machine Knitting?
- Is Machine Knitting Difficult to Learn?
- What do I need to start Machine Knitting?
- A Brief History of Machine Knitting in the UK.
- What is a Domestic Knitting Machine - part 1?
- What is a Domestic Knitting Machine - part 2?
- Which Knitting Machine shall I get?
- Where to buy your Knitting Machine?
- Should I buy a knitting machine from eBay?
- Setting up your Knitting Area
- Got my Knitting Machine - Now what do I do?
- Setting up your Machine - Check the Sponge bar
- Get some Practice Yarn
- Machine ready? Let's start knitting!
- Knitting Machine Yarn
- Useful Resources for Machine Knitting
- Knitting Machine Maintenance
This section will include posts about the knitting techniques that you will need to create beautiful garments. Practice and find your favourite ones.
- Practice makes perfect
- Creating Knitted Swatches (or samplers)
- Casting On: Using Weaving Brushes
- Casting Off: Using a Darning/Tapestry Needle
- Casting on: Using a Tappet Tool
- Casting Off: Using a Tappet Tool
- Casting On: E-wrap cast-on
- Casting Off: Using a Transfer Tool (before/behind sinker posts)
more to come soon!
This section will bring a range of simple patterns, including mini-garments to practice your techniques without using up too much yarn.
There will also be posts on how to use a tension square and your own measurements to create full version items/garments.
This section of posts will include any general posts about machine knitting and posts about my own knitting adventure.