This section will include posts on casting on and off, increasing and decreasing stitches, experimenting with samplers, creating and using a cast-on rag, making a tension square etc. These techniques will enable you to knit a range of garments/items that I will post in the Knitting Patterns section.
Before you start, make sure you machine and yarn are set-up correctly. Keep your operation manual handy to ensure that your settings are correct.
I will link to any videos that will help you.
- Practice makes perfect
- Creating Knitted Swatches (or samplers)
- Casting On: Using Weaving Brushes
- Casting Off: Using a Darning/Tapestry Needle
- Casting On: Using a Tappet Tool
- Casting Off: Using a Tappet Tool
- Casting On: E-wrap cast-on
- Casting Off: Using Transfer Tool (before/behind sinker posts)