Beginners Guide to Machine Knitting
This page will contain links to all the posts that will help you to learn machine knitting
Section 1: Getting Started
- Should I learn Machine Knitting?
- Is Machine Knitting Difficult to Learn?
- What do I need to start Machine Knitting?
- A Brief History of Machine Knitting in the UK
- What is a Domestic Knitting Machine – part 1?
- What is a Domestic Knitting Machine – part 2?
- Which Knitting Machine shall I get?
- Where to buy your Knitting Machine?
- Got my Knitting Machine….Now what do I do?
- Setting up your Machine – first get your Operation Manual/User Guide
- Setting up your Machine – Check the Sponge-bar
- Get some Practice Yarn
- Machine ready? Lets start knitting!
- Knitting Machine Yarn
- Useful Resources for Machine Knitting
- Knitting Machine Maintenance
Section 2: Basic Techniques
This section will include posts on casting on and off, increasing and decreasing stitches, creating and using a cast-on rag, making a tension square etc.
Section 3: Knitting Patterns (coming soon)
This section will include posts on creating knitted garments and items. There will also be a set of mini-versions to practice your techniques without using up too much yarn. There will also be posts on how to use a tension square and your own measurements to create full version items/garments.