This sections covers information about what a knitting machine is, which one is right for you, which yarn to get. It also includes renewing your sponge-bar, a list of useful online resources and a section of taking care of your machine. Throughout this section there are links to other sites and videos that are the best to show you how to start knitting.
Here is a list of the relevant posts:-
- Should I learn Machine Knitting?
- Is Machine Knitting Difficult to Learn?
- What do I need to start Machine Knitting?
- A Brief History of Machine Knitting in the UK
- What is a Domestic Knitting Machine – part 1?
- What is a Domestic Knitting Machine – part 2?
- Which Knitting Machine shall I get?
- Where to buy your Knitting Machine?
- Got my Knitting Machine….Now what do I do?
- Setting up your Machine – first get your Operation Manual/User Guide
- Setting up your Machine – Check the Sponge-bar
- Get some Practice Yarn
- Machine ready? Lets start knitting!
- Knitting Machine Yarn
- Useful Resources for Machine Knitting
- Knitting Machine Maintenance
Other sections include:-
Section 2: Basic Techniques (coming soon)
Section 3: Basic shapes (patterns/items/garments)